James C. Basile Scholarship Fund
Awarded to Ventura County graduates from any high school in Ventura County and are enrolled or will enroll in a public 4-year college or university, or community college in the state of California as a candidate for an undergraduate degree. Preference in the selection process will be given to students who live in the cities of Moorpark or Simi Valley who are graduating or have graduated from high schools in either of those cities as well as to students who (a) have had one or both parents or guardian killed or disabled while engaged in services in law enforcement or as a fire fighter or (b) are physically or visually impaired or are otherwise disabled. Prior recipients may re-apply for consideration in successive years.
Special Requirements: Applicants must demonstrate financial need and have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA. Essay required.
- Varies: $7,500 for 4-year colleges; $4000 for 2-year colleges
- Supplemental Questions
- In 200-500 words, please tell us how you intend to use the funds if awarded this scholarship and what motivates you to pursue an education.
- Will you be graduating or did you graduate from a High School in Simi Valley or Moorpark?
- Have one or both of your parents or guardians lost their life or been disabled while engaged in services in law enforcement or as a fire fighter?
- Do you self identify as disabled?